Aerodynamic Cooling Towers on the local low-level concentration of pollutants emitted from nearby stacks were investigated in a wind tunnel. These investigations were limited to neutral atmospheric conditions. The problem results from the large capacity of modern power plants which are equipped with the For an effective natural vertical draught, this types of cooling tower are of a height of at least 160 m. The flow field within the atmospheric boundary layer generated by the effective surface roughness of the surrounding terrain is heavily disturbed by aerodynamic interference in the vicinity of the cooling towers. Therefore, diffusion of effluents from stacks located in the wake of such cooling towers cannot be calculated by use of the Gaussian plume model of dispersion.
Process Of Aerodynamic Cooling Towers:
Aerodynamic cooling tower has an evaporating tower, air-guide baffles with a rough surface located at the inlet ports, vortex generators are admitted to it, the vortex generators are made in the form of an impeller with a generator and positioned in the area of the tower inlet ports, the top of the tower is covered by a structure of thin vertical strips reducing the horizontal component of the wind flow penetrating into the tower. Information on the local field of concentration was obtained from experiments in a wind tunnel. The experiments showed that the ground-level concentrations increased heavily in the vicinity of the cooling towers, compared with those of an isolated stack of the same height and shape.
Advantages Of Aerodynamic Cooling Towers:
- With our expertise in the axial fan blades design SCPL uses the most efficient aerodynamic profile for the blades designed we accept the challenge to prove power saving not only over metallic cooling tower fans but also against other FRP cooling tower fans.
- Only SCPL cooling tower fan blades have the aerodynamic profile over its full blade length compared to other manufacturers providing conventional cooling tower fan having approximately 30% blank portion in the blade which does not present aerodynamic profile.
- SCPL aerodynamic hub is the best solution for reduction of air turbulences near the neck of the cooling tower fan blade and to reduce the mechanical hub dimension as well.
Applications Of Aerodynamic Cooling Towers:
- Force draft cooling tower fans.
- Induced draft crosses flow cooling tower fans.
- Induced draft counter flow cooling tower fans.
- FRP Cooling towers fans
- Timber Cooling towers fans, and
- Concrete cooling tower fans.