A plate heat exchanger is a type of heat exchanger that uses metal plates to transfer heat between two fluids. This has a major advantage over a conventional heat exchanger in that the fluids are exposed to a much larger surface area because the fluids spread out over the plates. This facilitates the transfer of heat, and greatly increases the speed of the temperature change. Plate heat exchangers are now common and very small brazed versions are used in the hot-water sections of millions of combination boilers. it is suitable for all industry, such as chemical engineering,chemical fertilizer,medicine,metallurgy,machinery,mine,printing and dyeing and so on.
The gasketed plate type heat exchanger which is also known as Plate &Frame type heat exchangers, consists of specific number of stainless steel plates arranged between the frame. These plates are corrugated to increase the surface area. The pressed patterns in the plates create the turbulence and enhance the heat transfer. The pressure plates are attachedtothe supporting column. The gaskets on all sides of the plates seal the material from coming out sideways as well as through the holes on the plates.
The heating and cooling fluids pass through the channel created by corrugated heat transfer plates. The corrugations and numerous contact points create a turbulent flow which increases heat transfer coefficient manifold as compared to conventional shell and tube heat exchangers. The turbulent flow also provides a ‘self-cleaning effect’ in fouling duties.
By using exchanger plates with different physical characteristics, the exchangers can be adapted to a wide variety of applications.
Gasketed Plate Type Heat Exchanger has following sections:
- Plate pack:It consists of cold-stamped and corrugated plates. The design dependsupon heating application and number of plates.
- Gaskets:Ensures isolation of platesfrom each other along with proper distribution of fluid.
- Fixed frame: Is the immovable plate used as a structure
- Movable frame:Used for tightening and assembly of plates
- Bottom bars:Guides the plates at the bottom
- Top bar:Placed between the fixed frame and supporting column upon which the plates are suspended
- Extensive range of models available to choose from
- Easy cleaning or replacement of Plates
- Minimum pressure drop
- Aesthetic Design
- Easy installation
- Sulphuric Acid Cooling
- Paint Shops
- Milk and Beverage Cooling
- Induction Furnace Cooling
- High Frequency Welders
- Hydraulic Oil Cooling, Hydraulic Presses
- Solvent Condensers
- Condensate Heat Recovery Systems
- Closed Circuit Cooling Water Systems
- Chlor Alkali Plants
- Liquor Heating and Cooling
- Distilleries / Ethanol Plants
- Cane Juice Heating
- Vegetable Oil Plants
- Gear Box Oil Cooling