An oil chiller is a chiller unit that performs cooling of the hydraulic oil, lubricating oil and cooling oil of machine tools. In various parts of the machine tool spindles, the bearings and gears get overheated and thermal deformation occurs due to the high-speed rotational impact.
Then the displacement of the shaft affects the machining accuracy. Also, as a result of the temperature rising of the hydraulic oil of the actuator, the impact on the machining accuracy resulting from oil degradation due to changes in speed is also a reason for concern.
Oil chiller is different from a water chiller sometimes named oil cooler or oil cooling chiller is specially designed and manufactured for oil cooling purposes.
Most manufacturing units and processes use hydraulics based machinery. These machinery make use of hydraulic oils of varying densities which heat up periodically during the course of the manufacturing process. However, having the oil heat up causes it to lose some of its characteristic properties and renders it useless for the process. In order to increase the shelf life of hydraulic oil and the machinery that it belongs to, it is important to regulate the temperature of the oil and constantly cool it. This is achieved with the aid of hydraulic chillers which are usually connected directly to the oil supply and in-built pumps. The heated oil is circulated through the chiller circuit and its temperature is thus controlled. Werner Finley’s Chillers are built with internal gear pumps and plate heat exchangers for this application. These ensure higher cooling efficiencies and lower noise levels.
- Cooling capacity range : 1.75 kW to 35 kW
- Fluid : Soft Water / water + glycol solution
- Refrigerant : R134a/R407c
- Operating ambient temperature range : +10 to + 50C
- Best fluid outlet temperature : 15degc, At ambient : 35degc & ∆T : 5 Deg C
- Condenser Type : Air-Cooled, Fin & Tube
- Evaporator Type : Brazed Plate Heat Exchanger
- Operating environment : Indoor / Out door – Shelter from rain, dust, insects, humidity, sunlight
- Power supply : 1 PH / 3 PH, 220V / 415 V, AC, 50/60 HZ
- MOC of wetted parts : SS 202 / 304 / 316 / CU
- Fluid loop : Open loop with media tank in the circuit
- Noise level : < 85 db
- Life expectancy : 10-15 years
Oil chillers are widely used for some typical industrial applications like machine tools, cutting machines, plastic injection molding machines, grinding machines, CNC machines, low-speed electric spindles, hydraulic presses, and hydraulic stations, lubrication stations, electrical discharge machine, lubrication and cooling system of the gearbox.